COMMON 8710-1 ERRORS (4-18-18)
1. Filling out a poor photocopy of the blank 8710
2. Make sure that you are using the correct version of the form. (8710-1 with a date of (10-17)
I SECTION I
If you have more than one middle
name, you must pick only one, the same one as on your medical or other
you do not have a social security number you MUST fill in "NONE" in its
B If the
SSN in not to be used as the pilot certificate #, write "do not
D Place of birth-City and State. IF foreign--City and Country.
Unless you have notified the FAA in
writing, your address must match your other FAA doc addresses. You can make the address change on-line click here.
F Citizenship is France, Germany, Japan…. NOT French, German, Japanese.
I Remember - height in inches (not feet), and weight in pounds.
J&K Do not abbreviate Hair/Eye color, they must match your medical
Do you hold a pilot certificate? Yes, even
if you're pursuing a Private Pilot rating. Don't forget about your
Student Pilot Certificate.
III SECTION III-RECORD OF PILOT TIME
1. Do NOT round UP times in the bottom flight experience matrix, be sure your times listed show you as qualified
In the flight time boxes don't forget to include solo time
as PIC or vice versa. If just PIC time were entered without the solo
boxes being entered then the
application will be rejected.
If part of you qualifying time is obtained by using a
simulator, ground training device, or PCATD, make sure you enter it
into the correct box, and that the device is properly certified.
IV SECTION IV
1. Check whether this is a retest.
V SECTION V-APPLICATION CERTIFICATION
1 Make sure the applicant signs and dates (eight-digit format) the application. xx-xx-20xx
2. Sign using Blue Ink. (This makes it easier for FAA personnel to determine that this is an original document.)
VI SECTION VI-INSTRUCTOR’S RECOMMENDATION
Instructor's endorsement on the back pre-dates the
applicants signature on the front. The CFI must sign AFTER the
2. CFI must sign and print name on the back and must print the letters CFI after their number
3. Sign using Blue Ink. (This makes it easier for FAA personnel to determine that this is an original document.)